Inspiration: B and I love having appetizers for dinner every once in a while. I like to choose either beer or wine as a planned beverage, then pick a bunch of appetizers that go well with what we’ve chosen. It’s so fun to pile the table with dishes of appetizers, crack open a beer or a bottle of wine, and relax for the evening. This time, it was a beer sort of night :)
What we Loved: I don’t think that you can go wrong with jalapenos, cream cheese, and bacon. This appetizer was just as amazing as it sounds. The jalapenos were wonderfully creamy, a little bit spicy, and had just a touch of smokiness and saltiness from the bacon. And aside from how great they tasted, they were so easy to prepare and were a really great snack with a cold beer.
Helpful Hints: These would definitely go really well at a Superbowl party! They seem like they would be universally liked, they’re easy to prepare in advance, and they taste great when they’re hot out of oven or after they’ve cooled down.
Cream Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Jalapenos
Source: Life’s Ambrosia
I changed the recipe just a bit. Here’s the recipe as I made it.
5 large jalapeno peppers, sliced in half lengthwise with the seeds and ribs removed
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 slices bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 oz goat cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the bacon in a saute pan, then drain on a paper towel.
3. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon crumbles, and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Fill each jalapeno shell with a heaping amount of the mixture.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn on the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese turns slightly brown and bubbly.